Business incubator Digital Sandbox KC recently welcomed five new tech startups to its program.
The young companies are honing technology for an array of industries, including retail, health care, residential real estate and human resources.
“We’re excited to get 2015 off to a great start with an additional five companies receiving Sandbox funding,” director Jeff Shackelford said in a release. “We want to continue to build on the success we’ve had in helping to start new companies and create new jobs throughout the Kansas City region.”
Here are the new companies and a bit on what each do:
- Acre Designs LLC uses different construction and design processes to build more energy-efficient homes with up to 60 percent less costs. Digital Sandbox will help Acre develop its PassiveGeoX system, a technology service that helps homes become more energy efficient.
- Passel LLC developed a web-based and mobile app that synchronizes team members’ schedules so each person is up-to-date on others’ calendars. The incubator will aid in building the companies’ website and mobile apps.
- PatientsVoices LLC collects and employs patients’ feedback to improve care, cut costs and improve their experiences with health providers. Digital Sandbox’s funding will be used to build the firm’s HIPPA-secure infrastructure and dashboard.
- Royal Loyal LLC offers convenience and other retail stores a way to promote their products on a weekly basis via a mobile app that also includes a loyalty reward piece to entice customers. The incubator will help the company improve its user experience.
- The Swapping Co. provides fashion resale stores and individuals a platform for the resale industry to buy and sell products regardless of the store’s location. Digital Sandbox will assist the startup with development of its platform and mobile app.
Original Source: http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/blog/bizventures-kc/2015/01/digital-sandbox-adds-five-startups.html