Analyst (Business / Quality Assurance)
Seeking a BA/QA professional to execute a variety of software business tasks that will contribute to the development of our products and the growth of our company. You will work with our team of business people and experts to create and implement solutions to common software business tasks including collecting and documenting software requirements, testing software, creating basic software designs, managing projects, and responding to customer requests. You will work with our distributed software teams to serve our customers and maximize the positive impact our company is having in the growing child welfare industry.
Foster Care Technologies is a Lawrence, KS-based company whose mission is to improve the lives of children and families around the world by applying the latest advancements in information technology and data science to the child welfare industry. Our research-backed web applications include matching decision support tools and collaboration tools that allow families and their agencies to interact in a way
that produces better outcomes. We engage in institutional research projects that improve the way child welfare professionals interact with children and families for the purpose of improving outcomes.
● Take responsibility for projects related to product development and implementation, ensuring on-time delivery and a smooth handoff to developer teams
● Work with customers and partners to collect and document software requirements for product development and product implementations.
● Conduct and create software tests to help ensure product quality
● Create simple software designs from based on gathered requirements and product goals
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
● 4+ years of BA and/or QA experience managing projects for enterprise level web applications
● General understanding of software architectures, agile development, capabilities, and design principles
● Experience writing and executing software test cases, creating simple software designs, and using web-based software production and management tools
● Strong track record of providing high quality work and delivering on time
● Exceptional communication skills and a desire to help lead a growing company
● Experience managing enterprise level software product implementations (nice to have)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
● Competitive annual salary based on level of experience
● Performance-based bonuses and participation in an employee performance unit plan
● General health, vision, dental and life insurance plans
● Option to start position as an FTE or as a consultant-to-FTE
Interested and qualified applicants should contact Paul Epp, Chief Operating Officer. 785-856-0625 // firstname.lastname@example.org