Security Benefit (SB), a leader in the U.S. retirement market, is seeking a Data Architect to join the Data Science & Governance team. Security Benefit has been dedicated to helping clients plan and save for retirement for nearly five decades. Over the last several years it has become a top provider of retirement products and services through a nationwide network of independent financial representatives. This position will work in either our home office in Topeka, Kansas or Overland Park, Kansas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Data Architect will develop solutions such as Machine Learning, High Performance Computing, Batch/Real-time Data processing, Massively Parallel Processing systems, Data Analytics and Business Intelligence.
- Learn and use AWS services such as Redshift, Database Migration Service, Glue, EMR, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), S3, Relational Database Service (RDS)/Aurora, and Amazon Kinesis, and other Cloud Solution Providers Data Analytics Services, and SaaS integration points.
- Solution – Understand requirements, generate architectural proposals, contribute to internal Area of Depth (AoD) programs, author Data Orchestration and Data Analytics Pipelines.
- Delivery – Continuous Delivery Metadata, Pipeline, Data Quality, and Compliance type Work Streams.
- Ownership of Multi-layer data flow diagrams and indexes.
- Work with business partners to create a technical data architecture solution that meets regulatory compliance obligations including WORM, CCPA and GDPR.
- Accountable for designing a common data architecture, with the goal of ingesting all data (structured, unstructured, semi-structured) in a controlled and transparent process.
- Design Data API’s for reusability and for the purposes of reporting and moving from batch to real time data integrations.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- 5+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role
- 5+ years of development and/or DBA experience in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) including 3+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and developing Data Lakes and Modeling Metabase Subsystems.
- Ability to drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Current hands-on implementation experience required
- Analyze on premise OLTP database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and/or Postgres, as well as MPP analytic databases (Teradata, Netezza, Vertica and Greenplum).
- Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyze complex distributed production deployments, and make recommendations to optimize performance.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
- Experience working with serverless computing.
- Extensive hands-on experience in leading large-scale full-cycle warehousing (EDW) projects.
- Industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
- Extensive hands-on experience in data warehousing design, tuning and ETL/ELT process development.
- Excellent SQL and strong hands-on scripting (bash, perl or python) ability.
- Experience implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, NoSQL storage, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing, AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC and Athena.
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
Consider joining our progressive team in our nationally recognized company. Apply online at securitybenefit.com and submit your resume. EOE