Is improving communities your passion? Do you enjoy partnering with others to develop solutions to complex problems and successfully managing projects as if they were your own? If so, be a part of a company whose mission is to strengthen the communities we serve. JEO isn’t just any company. We are a relationship based company, who cares about people. We believe quality products and services are important, but people are the cornerstone of who we are. This exciting opportunity will directly contribute to the continued success of JEO.
JEO’s Environmental Sciences Team provides expertise and services in helping our clients achieve and maintain regulatory compliance while minimizing harm to the environment. Services include, but are not limited to: Wetland Delineations, Permitting, Mapping, Mitigation Design and Monitoring, Migratory Bird and Raptor Surveys, Wildlife Habitat Assessments, Water Quality Certifications, NEPA, and Wetland and Stream assessment and mitigation banking.
The Environmental Scientist will:
- Assess the impacts of projects on biological communities including wetlands, woodlands, prairies, streams, and other communities
- Conduct field work including, but not limited to, wetland delineations, stream assessments, habitat assessments, and T & E species surveys
- Prepare applications for Section 404 permits and 401 Water Quality Certifications
- Coordinate permitting activities with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Natural Resources Conservation Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Iowa Department of Natural Resources, and County Conservation Boards
- Develop natural resource management plans
Qualified candidates are required to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Fisheries and Wildlife Biology, Natural Resource Management, Ecology, or other environmental degrees
- 2+ years’ experience
- Sound knowledge of wetlands, wetland regulations, and mitigation banking processes and procedures
The following qualifications are preferred:
- National Highway Institute training course “NEPA and the Transportation Decision Making Process” and/or other NEPA trainings, familiarity with FHWA/NDOT NEPA processes and procedures
- Familiarity with GIS
JEO Consulting Group, Inc. is an engineering consulting firm with eleven offices (8 in Nebraska, 2 in Iowa and 1 in Kansas). JEO offers competitive salaries and benefits including sick and vacation time, flex time, health insurance, employer contributed 401k program, wellness incentives, paid professional licensure fees and memberships, and annual bonus program.