IdentiGEN is seeking a Laboratory Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate is expected to perform a variety of tasks to support the lab technical staff while working within a team setting to meet client and internal deadlines. This position is expected to start late August or early September.
IdentiGEN is a leading provider of DNA-based solutions to the agri-food industry with operations in Ireland, UK, USA and Switzerland. Our high throughput lab in Lawrence, KS performs genetic analysis of livestock and meat samples for the purposes of animal and breed identification.
As the first company in the world to develop a successful DNA traceability system, and with almost 20 years of experience working with major retailers and food processors, IdentiGEN has a detailed understanding of the protein industry, pioneering exclusive DNA-based technologies to identify and trace food products with greater precision and accuracy.
IdentiGEN’s signature product, our proprietary DNA TraceBack® traceability system, provides food retailers, processors and producers with the capability to identify and trace the source of protein products throughout the entire supply chain. This advanced level of supply chain transparency enables food businesses to source with integrity and provides value-added assurance for consumers.
The Laboratory Assistant is responsible for the processing and analysis of test specimens within our busy molecular diagnostic laboratory.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
· Accurately complete assigned duties in a timely manner including sample registration, lysing, and DNA extraction
· Diligently complete all lab housekeeping duties
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment by performing tasks in an organized and consistent fashion
· Adhere to Quality requirements
· Utilize good lab practices and safety protocols
· Associate Degree or Vocational Certificate in biology or related field
· Some previous lab experience either in a work or academic setting
· Experience using a multi-channel pipette
· Experience and comfort level working with chemicals in a lab setting
· Proficient in MS Office Suite and basic computer skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
· BS in Biology or similar field
· Strong pipetting skills and experience
· Enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced work environment with shifting priorities
· Ability to work with others as part of a team with shared goals
· Ability to quickly pick up new techniques and work flows
· 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday (start and end times may vary slightly but will work approximately 8 hours per day)
· May work extended hours as needed to meet deadlines and complete projects
· Work from both standing and sitting positions changing positions throughout the day as needed
· Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds multiple times throughout the workday
· Good manual dexterity is essential
IdentiGEN offers a competitive benefit package including:
· Health, dental, and vision insurance
· Short- and Long-term disability insurance
· 401k with company match
· Paid vacation and holidays
Local candidates only. No relocation provided.
Equal Employment Opportunity: IdentiGEN North America Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, and disability, genetics or any other protected class under federal, state or local laws.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Masks required to be worn throughout the shift. Masks will be provided.
- What lab classes have you taken? Please indicate if they were in-person or online lab courses.
- Our work includes some repetitive tasks. How do you feel about repetitive tasks? How have you handled repetitive work in the past?
- Do you enjoy bench work? If so, what do you like about it? If not, what don’t you like about it?