Lab Support – Full-time
Job Title: Lab Support
Primary Location: Lawrence, KS
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
IdentiGEN is seeking a Laboratory Support team member to join our team. The successful candidate is expected to perform a variety of tasks to support the lab technical staff while working within a team setting to meet client and internal deadlines.
IdentiGEN is a leading provider of DNA-based solutions to the agri-food industry with operations in Ireland, UK, USA and Switzerland. Our high throughput lab in Lawrence, KS performs genetic analysis of livestock and meat samples for the purposes of animal and breed identification.
The Lab Support role is responsible for the intake and initial processing of samples submitted to the lab.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
• Scan samples using barcode scanner
• Log new samples received in accordance with lab protocols
• Pack and catalog samples for storage
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment by performing tasks in an organized and consistent fashion
• Diligently complete all lab housekeeping duties
• Adhere to Quality requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to learn and practice good lab practices and lab safety requirements
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to enter data into Excel and database
• Associate Degree or Vocational Certificate in biology or related field
• Enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced work environment with shifting priorities
• Ability to work with others as part of a team with shared goals
• 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
• May work extended hours as needed to meet deadlines and complete projects
• Work from both standing and sitting positions changing positions throughout the day as needed
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds multiple times per day from ground level to shoulder level
• Must be able to push/pull 200 to 300 pounds on a rolling cart over a short to medium distance
IdentiGEN offers a competitive benefit package including:
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Short- and Long-term disability insurance
• 401k with company match
• Paid vacation and holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity: IdentiGEN North America Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, and disability, genetics or any other protected class under federal, state or local laws.
For more information or to apply, please contact LMacDonald@IdentiGEN.com.