Lab Technical Associate
Clara Biotech is developing the technology enabling the next generation of biotech breakthroughs through our proprietary exosome isolation platform and lab service.
Responsibilities and Duties
The candidate is responsible for the processing and analysis of test specimens within our growing molecular biological laboratory. The job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Accurately complete assigned duties in a timely manner including sample registration, handling, extraction, processing, and storage
- Responsible for receiving specimens, obtaining the necessary information for testing specimens, preparing the specimens for testing
- Performs bench testing for different biological samples, with vast molecular biology lab skills, to meet project needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles and Good Laboratory Practices for sample handling and processing.
- Demonstrates ability to follow procedural directions exactly. Maintains awareness of changes in procedures and protocols.
- Able to report high quality, consistent and reliable results. Maintains accurate records.
- Understands the theory involved in procedures.
- Able to troubleshoot when questionable or erratic results occur.
- Research and sets up new procedures and/or modifies existing ones for improvement and optimization.
- Maintains and operates equipment as directed by instruction manual, laboratory policy procedure manual and/or supervisor.
- Knows the equipment, how it functions, what its limitations are when it is malfunctioning.
- Diligently complete all lab housekeeping duties
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by performing tasks in an organized and consistent fashion
- Adhere to Quality requirements
- Utilize good lab practices and safety protocols
- Be able to develop and optimize SOP protocols
- Has potential to maintain/lead the lab for independent operation
- Hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
- May work extended hours as needed to meet deadlines and complete projects
- Minimum BS in Molecular Biology or similar field (Master degree is preferred)
- 3+ years of experience either in a clinical lab or relevant academic setting
- Strong pipetting skills and experience
- Strong skills working with biological/human samples and chemical reagents in a lab setting
- Careful and Strong attention to details and bench processing
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work with others as part of a team with shared goals
- Independent, self-starter. Able to own and manage their own time and projects.
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive.
- Time management skills and ability to move quickly when necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc. preferred
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Competitive salary, 401(k), and the ability to work in an exciting early-stage company.
- Practical experience with an exciting high-growth startup. Your work will have an immediate impact on our operations.
- Other benefits are negotiable.
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Clinical lab or relevant academic lab: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Lawrence, KS (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off