Clara Biotech is building the next generation in exosome isolation platform helping to move technology from the bench to the bedside. Research and development is a key catalyst of company growth and is crucial to helping move the exosome field forward. With new innovative technology and ideas, we are changing the landscape of exosomal research to satisfy our customers’ needs.
Clara Biotech is a young, fast growing company helping to usher in the next generation of biotechnology. Join our fast growing team and get the chance to work with some of the world’s leaders on exosomes. This is a chance to get in on the ground floor with lots of future opportunities for growth and development.
Our Lab Assistant is responsible for assisting in all day to day lab activities as well as varying assigned production research projects. Due to the diverse set of responsibilities, collaboration and communication across multiple categories are needed for success.
Our team in Lawrence, Kansas is looking for an experienced individual in wet lab bench work and documentation, with preferred experience in the research of exosomes. Applicant’s characteristics should consist of being highly motivated, self-starter, analytical, and results driven.
This position offers a competitive salary and participation in an incentive employee stock option plan, in addition to the other benefits listed.
- Perform product preparation and quality control validations.
- Organize, execute and document experiments and results in a laboratory notebook.
- Draft, author, and review protocols, method development reports, and technical characterization reports.
- Draft proposals, publications, and research presentations.
- Maintain a record of stock inventory and ordering supplies when needed.
- Ordering, receiving, shipping activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or any other related science fields
- Hands on laboratory experience including use of standard lab equipment and pipetting required
- Previous experience and knowledge in extracellular vesicles and exosome research, protocol and methodology development, process chemistry, process characterization and validation is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficient in all common lab equipment and strong bench hands-on skills.
- Hardworking and motivated to drive both efficiency and quality.
- Enthusiasm and passion for executing innovative scientific research
- Experience and knowledge on exosome related research, particularly exosome isolation and applications is a plus.
- Ability to keep very detailed documentation records.
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- What pay are you seeking for this position?
- How much hands on lab bench experience do you have?