Job Title: Laboratory Assistant
Primary Location: Lawrence, KS
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
IdentiGEN is seeking a Laboratory Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate is expected to perform a variety of tasks to support the lab technical staff while working within a team setting to meet client and internal deadlines.
IdentiGEN is a leading provider of DNA-based solutions to the agri-food industry with operations in Ireland, UK, USA and Switzerland. Our high throughput lab in Lawrence, KS performs genetic analysis of livestock and meat samples for the purposes of animal and breed identification.
The Laboratory Assistant is responsible for the processing and analysis of test specimens within our busy molecular diagnostic laboratory.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
• Accurately complete assigned duties in a timely manner including sample registration, lysing, and DNA extraction
• Diligently complete all lab housekeeping duties
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment by performing tasks in an organized and consistent fashion
• Adhere to Quality requirements
• Utilize good lab practices and safety protocols
• Associate Degree or Vocational Certificate in biology or related field
• Some previous lab experience either in a work or academic setting
• Strong pipetting skills and experience
• Experience and comfort level working with chemicals in a lab setting
• Proficient in MS Office Suite
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
• BS in Molecular Biology or similar field
• Experience using a multi-channel pipette
• Enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced work environment with shifting priorities
• Ability to work with others as part of a team with shared goals
• 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
• May work extended hours as needed to meet deadlines and complete projects
• Work from both standing and sitting positions changing positions throughout the day as needed
• Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds multiple times throughout the workday
• Good manual dexterity is essential
IdentiGEN offers a competitive benefit package including:
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Short- and Long-term disability insurance
• 401k with company match
• Paid vacation and holidays
Local candidates only. No relocation provided.
Equal Employment Opportunity: IdentiGEN North America Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, and disability, genetics or any other protected class under federal, state or local laws.
For more information or to apply, contact LMacDonald@IdentiGEN.com.