Research Assistant (RA)
50% FTE/20 hours per week
$15-$18 per hour commensurate with experience
This position is necessary for the creation of professional content and materials related to the development of curriculum for Supervision requirements of behavior analysis students. The majority of work will consist of locating research articles as identified by the company, or the identification of key pieces of literature in the field (i.e. literature on a specific topic that has been referenced by more than 25 researchers). In addition, the RA will be responsible for analyzing the article and developing a three to five sentence summary for inclusion in an annotated bibliography. Lastly, the RA will be responsible for the development of three to five discussion questions per article.
RA will report to company management.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Search the appropriate research data-base and locate previously identified research articles.
- Digest the article and develop a three to five sentence summary including major findings.
- Create APA-style annotated bibliography related to each identified topic area.
- Develop three to five discussion questions for each article.
- Identify key research articles related to topic areas (i.e., cited by more than 25 researchers) for inclusion in the references list.
- Current student in the state of Kansas (graduate student preferred, but not required).
- Experience with conducting literature reviews, analyzing research articles, developing literature synopses and APA-style formatting.
- Familiar with single subject or group research designs.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Google search features, Google Docs, etc.
- Familiar with online meeting platforms (e.g. Zoom).
- Dependable, reliable, and responsible.
- Able to follow directions.
To apply for this position or for further information, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.