Clara Biotech is building the next generation in exosome isolation platform helping to move technology from the bench to the bedside. Research and development is a key catalyst of company growth and is crucial to helping move the exosome field forward. With new innovative technology and ideas, we are changing the landscape of exosomal research to satisfy our customers needs.
Clara Biotech is a young, fast growing company helping to usher in the next generation of biotechnology. Join our fast growing team and get the chance to work with some of the world’s leaders on exosomes. This is a chance to get in on the ground floor with lots of future opportunities for growth and development.
Our Senior Scientist is responsible for research development of downstream product applications as well as process development. Due to the diverse set of responsibilities, collaboration and communication across multiple categories are needed for success.
Our team in Lawrence, Kansas is looking for an experienced individual in research and discovery in science with preferred experience in the research of exosomes. Applicant’s characteristics should consist of being highly motivated, self-starter, analytical, and results driven.
- Effectively function as a principal investigator, generating original technical ideas and research and development strategies.
- Independently responsible for project science within his/her area of expertise
- Design and execute experiments for method development and/or investigations
- Support process and operation development by performing raw material analysis
- Organize and document experiments and results in a laboratory notebook
- Draft, author, and review protocols, method development reports, and technical characterization reports. Draft proposals, publications, and research presentations.
- Interpret results and draw conclusions from own multistage experiments and suggest, design, and pursue relevant experiments that further project goals
- Understand relevant scientific literature and apply theoretical framework to solving problems and supply best cost effective solutions.
- Support the Company’s needs to generate data to support current and future products, potential partners and future direction.
- Familiar with analytical tools to characterize exosomes, their content and function.
Ability to innovate creative specifications to improve product performance and scientific rigor.
- PhD or Post-Doc in Translational Medical Science, biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or any other related science fields
- Previous experience and knowledge in extracellular vesicles and exosome research, protocol and methodology development, process chemistry, process characterization and validation is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficient in all common lab equipment and strong bench hands-on skills.
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop, and coach others, oversee, and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Hardworking and motivated to drive both efficiency and quality.
- Strong publication record or equivalent industry achievements
- Advanced ability to make decisions on analytical data
- Very familiar with designing, executing, and finding future directions with experiment
- Demonstrated ability to meet and sustain a long term timeline.
- Demonstrate the ability to independently design, execute and interpret critical experiments
- Proven track record of generating publication quality data and contributing to manuscript or patent preparation
- Enthusiasm and passion for executing innovative scientific research
- Experience and knowledge on exosome related research, particularly exosome isolation and applications is a plus.
- Experience in using fluorometer, particle sizer, HPLC and test method development
Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Lawrence, KS 66047: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)