Technical Accounts Associate
Status: Full-time, Exempt
IdentiGEN North America Inc. is a leading provider of bio-analytical and molecular genetic solutions to the international Agrifood industry. The company’s flagship product DNA Traceback ® is the world’s first DNA based tracing system for food products.
IdentiGEN has successfully established wholly owned operations in North America and Europe. Its headquarters are based in Dublin, Ireland and its North American headquarters in Lawrence, KS. IdentiGEN is focused on the potential to apply advances in DNA technology to improve the quality, safety and integrity of the food we eat.
Reporting to the VP of Technical Accounts North America, the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in maintaining customer satisfaction and loyalty through ensuring exceptional service. They will act as a liaison between IdentiGEN laboratories, customers, suppliers, and senior management at IdentiGEN.
• Engage the laboratory and commercial teams with the client to deliver on schedules, services
• Offer field support to third party production and distribution premises
• Offer remote technical account support to clients
• Effectively manage new or potential client relationships
• Problem solve and resolve issues using select data elements
• Communicate progress and complete specialty projects
• Prepare weekly and monthly client reports
• Prepare other reports as needed and requested
• Update job knowledge by participating in industrial meetings and educational programs
• Serve as a liaison of information regarding IdentiGEN and its DNA-based services
• Support commercial projects including correspondence, presentations, and sales materials
• A degree in Animal / Food / Biological Science or equivalent professional experience
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Collaborative, positive attitude and ability to self-motivate
• Able to travel overnight (up to 30%)
• Ability to travel by plane (including having or being able to obtain a REAL ID)
• Must have valid Driver’s License and a good driving record; must be able to rent a vehicle when necessary
• Must be able and willing to provide support inside meat processing facilities (able to withstand cold temperatures; walk through plants, up and down stairs, on platforms, and other similar settings)
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs frequently; up to 50 lbs occasionally
• Working knowledge of the meat processing industry
• Master’s Degree in Animal, Food, or Meat Science
• Self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge or desire to learn scientific and technical aspects of Animal Agriculture
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate effectively across a wide variety of audience
• Familiar with CRM software and MS Office applications
• Travel required up to 30%
• Open office environment
Compensation and Benefits Package:
The position enjoys a competitive compensation package based upon education and experience levels. The successful candidate shall also be eligible to participate in company benefit programs including health, dental and vision insurance, 401k and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity: IdentiGEN North America Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, and disability, genetics or any other protected class under federal, state or local laws.
For more information or to apply, contact LMacDonald@Identigen.com.