Is improving communities your passion? Do you enjoy partnering with others to develop solutions to complex problems and successfully managing projects as if they were your own? If so, be a part of a company whose mission is to strengthen the communities we serve. JEO isn’t just any company. We are a relationship-based company, who cares about people. We believe quality products and services are important, but people are the cornerstone of who we are. This exciting opportunity will directly contribute to the continued success of JEO.
JEO’s Transportation Department provides expertise and services including traffic engineering, transportation planning, roadway and bridge design, and environmental. The Traffic Engineer is an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing company and traffic team. This position is supported by a department of professionals to manage successful projects and tasks that exceed client expectations while meeting JEO’s financial goals. This individual will have the ability to support client management and business development endeavors as well as build our traffic engineering group in Kansas.
The Traffic Engineer will:
- Develop technical traffic analysis for highways, streets, and multi-modal facilities utilizing multiple software programs and analysis procedures, as necessary.
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations demonstrating excellent written and verbal communication
- Maintenance of Traffic – development of alternatives and design/construction plans to maintain traffic during construction of transportation improvements.
- Prepare design and construction documents for permanent signing, pavement marking, traffic signals and communications and ITS infrastructure based on MUTCD guidance and other national/agency standards.
- Assist in client development and the preparation of proposals to secure new business.
Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s degree in civil/transportation engineering, Professional Engineer (PE) license and 5 or more years’ experience working in the engineering industry on transportation projects including traffic operations, transportation planning and transportation design elements.
Preferred: Experience with ITS, traffic design and/or PTOE certification
JEO Consulting Group, Inc. is a consulting firm with eleven offices (8 in Nebraska, 2 in Iowa and 1 in Kansas). JEO offers competitive salaries and benefits including sick and vacation time, flex time, health insurance, an employer contributed 401k, wellness incentives, paid professional licensure fees and memberships and an annual bonus program.