Web Application Developer
Seeking an experienced software developer to join our team, which is dedicated to the creation of tools that improve the lives of children and families. You will help us develop and maintain these cloud-hosted applications, which will include managing the hosting of these tools.
Foster Care Technologies, LLC
Foster Care Technologies, LLC is a Lawrence, KS-based company that was formed in May of 2014. We improve the lives of children and families around the world by applying the latest advancements in information technology and data science to the child welfare industry. Our research-backed web applications help make better matches among children and families and improve the collaboration process between families and supporting agencies. We engage in institutional research projects that improve the way child welfare professionals interact with children and families for the purpose of improving outcomes.
- 40 hours/week
- Design and modify software programs to improve performance
- Collaborate with others to determine design specifications or details
- Manage and maintain the cloud-based hosting of all software applications.
- Manage information technology projects
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A. in Computer Science (or related field) or commensurate experience required
- 4-6 years of experience .NET object-oriented software development
- 1-2 years AWS or Azure cloud knowledge and native services knowledge required
- Operational experience in developing and maintaining enterprise level web applications
- Experience working with BSAs, UI/UX, and management to arrive at effective solutions
- Knowledge of React JS and mobile application development experience preferred
- 4-6 years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server and RDBMS
- 1-2 years of experience implementing and maintaining RESTful web services
- Knowledge of and ability to conduct software testing (functional, integration, and non-functional) and software security reviews
- 2-4 years of experience managing and providing reliable estimates for IT projects
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive annual salary based on level of experience
- Potential for performance-based bonuses and participation in an employee performance unit plan
- General health, vision, dental and life insurance plans